Chimera: The industry leader in Lightbanks.
Image-makers from Shanghai to Stockholm, Hollywood to Rio and all points in between depend on Chimera for the best Lightbanks in the business. Whether you’re shooting the next Hollywood blockbuster, the nightly news or a “runnin’ and gunnin” video, you’ll get the broad-source, diffused light you want—and the lightweight, collapsible design you need. It’s a great way to transform harsh light into a superior soft light. It’s no wonder most industry rental houses use Chimera almost exclusively!
Chimera Lightbank styles optimize the output of your light sources.
- Standard-depth Lightbanks are designed for the wide beam spread of open-faced instruments. They are also perfect for Par lights fitted with extra-wide lenses. These include Chimera Video PRO™ and Quartz Lightbanks.
- Shallow-depth Lightbanks in the Video PRO line take up less room and make it easier to work in small spaces—most significantly with the medium and large sizes.
- Deeper-depth Lightbanks are designed for the more narrow beam angles of Fresnel lights. These include Daylite Juniors, Daylites and Daylight Seniors.
- Strip Lightbanks provide very narrow even lighting. These include Video PRO and Barger Strip Banks.
Chimera Lightbanks are:
- Compatible with a wide variety of lights.
- Ready for shooting in minutes.
- Equipped with a soft, silver reflective interior.
- Front screens available in three different densities.
- Removable internal baffle included.
- Designed with a front recess to control lens flare.
Lightbanks are compatible with the extensive line of Chimera accessories:
- Barn Doors
- Lighttools® Soft Egg Crate® Fabric Grids
- Honeycomb Metal Grids
- Color Correction Screens
- Bobbinette Scrims
- Light Shapers®
Chimera Lightbanks give you the diffusion options you want.
All Chimera Film/Video Lightbanks come standard with removable front screens, which are made with our customized material that is anti-aging, anti-static and provides ideal light transmission. Our selection of different density front screens deliver a wide range of light quality and transmission—all with Velcro® fasteners so you can add or remove the front screen easily.