Chimera Lanterns: Delivering practicality, durability and simply beautiful light.
Based on the concept of the traditional Chinese lantern, Chimera’s line of Lanterns are a great modern-day solution for omni-directional soft lighting. There are three types of lanterns available: the standard Chimera Lantern, the truly unique and extremely popular Pancake Lantern and our newest addition the Birdcage Lantern, a complete, small area light source that uses mogul based lamps.
The Chimera Pancake Lantern is the most space efficient solution when you want central soft light for roundtable interviews, or need to fill interior shooting spaces with soft, ambient light. It’s unique, removable zipper panel skirt is adjustable, allowing you to fine-tune light fall-off. And it’s available in small, medium and large sizes, so there’s always a perfect fit in any situation. No wonder videographers, broadcast and film lighting specialists love them!
The Standard Chimera Lantern also delivers the same kind of central soft light, and is available in a 20 and 30-inch size. Our optional Velcro® fastened skirt adjusts to cover 1/4 to 1/2 of the lantern, giving you extra light control.
- Our Standard and Pancake Lanterns can be set up on any Video PRO or Strobe Speed Ring.
- For maximum omni-directional effectiveness, use it on a “bare bulb” type lighting instrument.
- Velcro® attached skirts can be used to selectively block light.
Chimera Lanterns and Pancake Lanterns come complete with:
- Carry bag.
- Pole kit.
- Can be purchased with or without a skirt.
- Industry-leading warranty.
* Speed Rings sold separately.
- Standard Lantern Instructions #1880 & 1885
- Pancake Lantern Instructions #1860
- Pancake Lantern Instructions #1865
- Pancake Lantern Instructions #1870
- Lantern Parts and Poles
|Item #||Type||Size||Front Dimensions||Depth|
|1860||Pancake||Small||21 dia||51 dia||12||30|
|1865||Pancake||Medium||35 dia||89 dia||17||43|
|1870||Pancake||Large||48 dia||122 dia||19||48|
|1880||Standard||20||20 dia||50 dia||16||40|
|1885||Standard||30||30 dia||76 dia||26||66|